Monday, October 19, 2009

Hey...who knew that I could actually coach Cheerleading?

Yesterday was October 18th 2009. Not just any October 18th, but for the Irvine Charger Cheerleaders, the biggest...most important October 18th of their lives.....so far. Yesterday was the OCJAAF cheer leading competition. Cheerleaders from all over Southern California came out to Eddie West Stadium in Santa Ana for a HUGE cheer-off. I am the Overseeing head coach of the Irvine Charger Cheer leading program. I have 3 teams with a total of 40 girls, ages 7-15 years. I teach and choreograph routines for these girls. This year I taught 3 different routines for our competition teams. 2 teams competed in Show Cheer (dance and cheer) and 1 team competed in Dance. We took 1st place in Clinic (7-9 year old) Show Cheer, 1st Place in Jr. Pee Wee (8-10 year old) and 2nd in Pee Wee (11-14 year old). It was a fabulous day, starting at 5 AM and finishing up at 5 PM. I live to see these amazing kids excel in the sport they love so much. No joke, some of these girls eat, sleep and breath cheer. I just love it.
I thought it would be fun to show off their routine to those of you who are actually reading this new Blog of mine right now. Thanks to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment