Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gymboree School Skills is TOPS with me!

I LOVE School Skills!  I can't say that enough.  I L-O-V-E, love it!  My 2 girls are 5 and 3 years old.  I am a stay at home mom who believes strongly in pre-school homeschooling.  I want to keep them with me as long as I can and allow them to learn and grow in a safe, loving environment.  With this strong belief, I knew that Gymboree School Skills would be the best choice for my girls.  School Skills is a drop off class for pre-school aged kids, ages 3-6.  This awesome class allows my girls to be active and crazy, as kids should be in the first 15 minutes of class.  But as soon as the rainbow rope gets put away, they know it is time to exercise self control and sit with the other class members to welcome everyone.  School Skills teaches so many wonderful skills that I encourage at home.  The teachers are so loving and nurturing and give my children the attention they deserve as well as gentle guidance away from negative behavior. 
Science time is my 5 year olds favorite and they really take the time with her to encourage her curiosity, rather then rush the lesson and move on.  I love picking them up from class and hearing my daughter describe in detail the science projects.  She uses all new vocabulary just like the teachers do at Gymboree. 
My 3 year old is all about the art time.  She really gets creative and does her own interpretation of the projects, and I appreciate the teachers allowing her to create as she sees fit and not discouraging her creativity. 
Our teachers at the Irvine site, Casha and Elisa are just amazing and I adore them, almost as much as my girls do. 










No comments:

Post a Comment