Saturday, June 11, 2011

New State, New Home, New People, New Adventures!

Well, I am back!  After taking some major blogging time off, I am back.  I have my computer all set up and our Internet is FINALLY working.  It is good to be back.
Here I sit, typing away in the basement of my new home in Orem Utah.  After Eddie was laid off from his job with the Irvine Company, AKA, company that sucks, we sent out resumes like crazy.  The only, and I mean only place that came a calling was Utah.  Of all the places we sent out to, Utah was the one looking for my husband.  Sometimes when the Lord wants you, he makes it kinda obvious.  Well at least for us he did.  Eddie was hired with RT Properties here in Orem Utah and in less then a week, we packed up our home in California and moved out.  It all happened so fast.  The move, finding a home, and moving in.  I have done pretty much all of the unpacking because Eddie has been working so much.  I don't mind, it kept me busy.

The neighborhood is AWESOME!  So many kids all over, at all hours of the day.  We have the greatest neighbors.  They have 5 girls just like us.  My girls can't get enough of their basement and all their "cool" toys.  They spend endless hours over there, leaving Sutton and I to find things to do.  I have had more kid free time in the last 2 weeks then I have had in 7 years.  Shout out and BIG thank you (and I am so sorry) to the Awesome Holbrook Family.

Our home has a lovely 5 bedrooms.  Yes, I said 5!  Wahoo!  Oh the room we have.  I don't have enough furniture to fill it.  But that is ok, I am sure I can manage.  =-)

It is fun being back in Utah.  I am excited to find all the local things that I can get involved in.  I miss Chargers and B&G Club Basketball and my parents and my friends, but I know that this is where I need to be with my little family for now.

So to fill the request of pictures, I have added some of our home and adventures here in Orem Utah.  These are all pictures taken during the unpacking process.  Things are in place and more presentable now.  Well at least until the kids come home.
Front room needs a new couch.

This is the entry to my sweet kitchen.

This is the Hallway the goes to the 3 rooms on the top floor.

YAY!!  I have an area for the kitchen table....and there is no carpet there.  Wahoo!

My fabulous back yard....with awesome shed that we plan on turning into a play house.

More of my yard....oh yeah, there are grapes growing all over my fence.

My 2 car garage.  Hello storage and more space.

These are the stairs that go down to my lovely basement and the 2 other bedrooms.

I have a garden!  So im not all that much of a gardener, but I think with practice I could be.  This is my attempt at growing strawberries.


Love to all,
Angela

4 comments:

  1. Congrats Ang, everything looks great! Oh, and carpet in dining areas...what is wrong with people?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOO happy for you guys. This is a great new beginning. I love and miss you.
    Layna

    ReplyDelete
  3. It most definitely sounds as if this is the move for you! What a wonderful way to have a new beginning!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for you guys and that you're here in Utah. I'm just sad that we're leaving. We would be neighbors, but we just rented out our home in Pleasant Grove before we move to Illinois for Stephen's new job.

    ReplyDelete