Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For....

So as I sit here, I remember yesterday morning.  I woke up at 6:15 AM just like I do every school morning.  I got Madison up and dressed.  Helped her make her lunch, brush teeth, do her had and head out the door.  I dropped Joshlyn off first just like I do every school morning and then off to drop Madison off.  I got home at 8 AM and fed the 3 little girls.  I kissed my husband goodbye, just like I do every day he heads out to the office.  After getting Sutton out of the high chair,I got Jacquelynn and Brooklyn dressed for the day, just like I do every morning.  Then, I turn a movie on for them while I go clean up their room.  It was on that task, the making of Madison's bed where I looked at the wall and said out loud, "I need a serious change in my morning routine".  "I need something different in my day".  Who knew that 3 hours later, my husband would walk in the front door with the most life changing news I have ever received.  I sure had no idea. 

Eddie was laid off from his Job with the Irvine Apartment Communities.  After almost 7 years of loyal service, they let him go.  No warning, just a goodbye. 

So now, here I sit, a mother of 5 girls whose lives are about to turn upside down.  No income.  Just typing that hurts.  I tear up when I stop to think about it too long.  I feel a little lost and a lot confused.  I wonder where this change will take us and how we will survive.  I wonder if Joshlyn will be able to finish high school at Beckman. 

What does our future hold?

I am not a fan of uncertainty.  I need to have stability.

But, with all of the unknown, I am so thankful for the Church.  The welfare program of the church is amazing.  As soon as Eddie called the bishop, help was sent in.  Financial, emotional, we were being taken care of.  The Lords hand was holding our little family and his tender mercies were being given through the members of our little ward.  It amazes me how the Lords work is accomplished through the members of the church.  With all the craziness, I have yet to feel hopeless.  There is so much hope in the gospel.  I am thankful for being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 

I need to trust the lord and know that in him I can find peace and comfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment