Thursday, June 5, 2014

White Chicken Chili. AMAZING

I have to write this recipe down on my blog so that I can have it saved forever.  I had it up on my refrigerator, but my kids love playing with the magnets and I was just afraid that I would lose it.  So now anyone who stumbles upon my blog can have it too.  It is literally to DIE for.  Man, I just sounded like my mom.  Oh well.  Its worth it.

Here it is, April Daw's White Chicken Chili.  Thank you April!!!

2 Cans Costco Chicken.  This makes it easy, you can use 4 chicken breasts if you want to.
1 Medium Onion, chopped and sauteed in coconut oil. (I love my chopper.  Thanks mom)
5 Cups organic chicken broth.  (I now buy this stuff in bulk.  Makes everything yummy)
2-15 OZ cans White beans, drained and rinsed. (I use cannelloni beans)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 teaspoons cumin powder
1 drop doTERRA Oregano Oil. (you can get it here) If you dont have this amazing oil, use 2 teaspoons oregano.  Trust me, the oil is better, and has unbelievable health benefits.
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
24 OZ Sour Cream
2 Cups Monterey Jack Cheese
1 cup white quinoa

Put all of the ingredients in the crockpot except the sour cream and the cheese and cook for 3-4 hours.  Half hour before serving, pull the chicken breasts out and cut in bite sized chunks.  You can skip this step if you used the COSTCO chicken.  Add the sour cream and the cheese.

Oh enjoy this crockpot full of easy, delicious goodness.  My kids love it and ask for it.  DELISH!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment