Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Happiness Challenge

I have one of the coolest friends.  She is just sunshine on earth.  Yesterday she wrote a post on her facebook page that said, "Positive energy breeds positive energy. I am living proof and loving life. Give it a try. Make a conscious effort to not be angry or negative for 24 hours. You'll find yourself doing it again the next day..."


I thought to myself, I am a positive person and I am usually happy, but am I as happy as I want to be?  I have my days, but I want to be happier.  So I made a decision to take on her happy day challenge.  I told her I am in and I will report back.  


So today, October 19th, 2011, I decided to be positive all day. No negative feelings, words, actions or thoughts.  NONE!  Did I follow through?  YES!  YES! YES!  And it was awesome!  I had a great day.  Everything about today was positive.  I love it and I DO want to do it again tomorrow.  As the quote says, "We are as happy as we make our minds up to be"!  I am choosing to see the glass half full with plenty to share.  I want to make every day as happy as I possibly can.  Why not?  Why would I not want happiness to follow me where ever I go?  I crave happy.  I deserve happy.  And now I am choosing to be happy.  


I found this awesome quote today while I was searching the internet,
" No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change".  


So for me, being happy most of the time, or should I say being positive most of the time is not enough.  I want it ALL the time.  And I am on a quest for happiness.  


Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.


The Face Of Happy

Happiness

Happy, Happy, Happy

Oh the Smiles!
Angela

2 comments: