Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Don't Want to Jinx it.......

Eddie and I found an iPad, 1st addition 32 gig for $399.00 yesterday.  It was a fabulous find and we decided to spend the money to have one.  I was second guessing the purchase all night and even into this morning.  Well, when I got back from the morning school drop off, the girls were finishing breakfast when I had the idea to show them the "gift" daddy bought mom.  When Jacquelynn saw the iPad, her eyes lit up like the night sky on the 4th of July.  She wanted to play immediately.  Asking if I had this game and that game.  To be honest, she knew more about the apps then I did.  So I had this idea......they could earn minutes on the iPad by doing "chores" around the house.  Getting dressed (always a fight) earned 1 minute.  Brushing teeth earned 1 minute, picking up toys earned 1 minute, practicing basketball earns 5 minutes, and so on.  Did it work?  Well, I am happy to report that for the first time ever, when I said go brush your teeth, Jacquelynn went right into the bathroom and brushed her teeth.  When I said pick up the toys, she did it with a smile on her face, knowing that with each toy, her minutes on the iPad were increasing.  I hope this lasts, but I may have finally found the answer to my morning headaches.  Thank you Apple!!




Angela

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Adore my Jacquelynn. I need pictures like the one above of each of your girls individually- small ones for my grandma wall. xo

    ReplyDelete