Wednesday, June 2, 2010

There is such a thing as too many activities in one day.

Last night I had made a plan to keep my girls busy today.  No lying in front of the TV, or playing on the computer.  No, we were gonna keep busy.  So, this morning I got them ready before 9:30 AM.  That is a record for us!  At 10 AM we packed up the stroller and headed off to park day with our friends from church.  Park day is always fun.  It is a chance to meet the people I attend church with in a setting that is a little more relaxed.  You know how Sundays are, rush, rush, rush.  The girls played and I got to sit and chat.  We stayed at the park until about 1:10 PM and the packed up and went to pick up Madison from school.  Wednesday is early release day so she was out early.  At home the girls were once again restless, so I pulled out a roll of old Christmas wrapping paper and taped it, whites side up to the wall of our garage.  Then I gave the girls the box of markers and let them go to town.  They got creative and were so excited that I let them actually use the permanent markers.  Those are usually off limits.  When the excitement of coloring and drawing died down, we moved into the kitchen where I made home made peanut butter dough.  This is special dough that the girls can play with and eat if they so choose.  But in true Villa girls fashion, there was more dough being thrown onto the floor then there was being played with.  So that ended just as quick as it started.  By the time I was don cleaning up the mess, Eddie was home.  Now my girls are literally wrestling with each other and yelling loud enough for the entire apartment community to hear.  All in all, this was a fun day.  Busy, but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment