Thursday, June 3, 2010

Virtuous and Lovely

So I keep changing the title of my blog because I was never really satisfied with it.  But I think I might just have it now.  Oh, the quote will change ever so often, but I think I am sticking with the title. I am always changing my mind, but I think that is totally normal considering my life and day to day activities.  I have 4 girls all under the age of 7.  Things change on a daily basis, and I like that.  It really keeps me on my toes. 

Speaking of having 5 girls, (5 including my step daughter) why is it people are amazed that I have all girls?  It seems weird to me.  Growing up, I knew a few families who had 5 boys or 4 girls and I never thought twice about it.  That was just the what God chose for them.  Am I so different then other people that things like 5 girls or being tall doesn't phase me?  I must be because it happens ALL the time.  No joke.  We (the 4 younger girls and I) were in Lowes the other day and 2 ladies casually walked up to me, and said, "I hope that little one (Sutton was hidden under her carrier canopy) is a boy".  Why?  Why do you hope that?  Is there something in it for you if she was a boy?  Let me make it clear to all.  I LOVE having all girls.  My home is full of Hello Kitty, Princesses, ballet clothes, Barbie Dolls, and cute Roxy bikines.  I LOVE it.  I could not imagine it any other way.  Sure I have teenage girls to look forward to in the future, (gulp) but I don't really care right now.  God has chosen me to raise his daughters.  What a choice calling.  I am a very confident woman.  I am six foot four and I am proud of who I am and proud of my height.  What better person to raise tall confident daughters of God then I?  The world needs choice, virtuous girls.  Girls raised up in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Girls who are modest and virtuous and lovely.  These kinds of girls are on the verge of extinction these days.  I want to be a mother of girls, because I am prepared to do what God has asked me to do as a mother.  I know that God has a plan for his righteous daughters to receive that highest blessings of eternity.  And I am prepared and accept the responsibility to guide his daughters in that direction.  Do I want more girls?  YES!  I love my little princesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment