Monday, May 31, 2010

Mom, can I help?




It can sometimes be a dreaded question when I am busy in the kitchen trying to get things done as fast as I can.  No time for mistakes or sluggish progression.  When I find myself on a roll and in baking mode is when I hear those words, "mom, can I help".  I struggle with that question.  Of course I want my adorable little girls at my side having a funtastic time with me, but then again, I want it done my way in in my time frame.
Too many times have I just pushed them out of the kitchen and told them to go play in their room or go outside.  Pushing them away from me and away from some fantastic memories and most importantly, away from an opportunity to talk and learn more about my rapidly growing girls.  The last thing that I want is to miss a moment with them.  A moment that could have turned into something wonderful.  I am not going to pass up on those moments any more.  I want to treasure each and every moment.  They are the only reason I have chosen to be a Domestic Engineer.
So today, Memorial day, we spent the morning in the kitchen baking yummy chocolate chip cookies.  My little ladies wanted to get their hand ooey and gooey and bake up a storm.  So that is what we did.  I let them measure and mix, pour and crack, sprinkle and pack their way into cookie heaven.  It was not the cleanest bake off, but it was the most fun!  The cookies were delicious and the girls have a deeper love for baking with mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment