Friday, February 18, 2011

A Birthday Fit for a Little Pet Lover!! Happy 5th Birthday Jacquelynn

I can't even believe that my baby Jacquelynn in 5 today!!  WHAT?!?!  I know its something everyone says, but "where has the time gone"?  This is all happening so fast.  My baby is 5.  Someone just stop time for just a minute so I can take this all in.  

Well, as tradition goes in our home, my girls get to pick their birthday themes and then I do the rest.  Make the cake, decorate and party hearty to that theme.  In the years past, Jacquelynn has picked, Little Einsteins, Hello Kitty and Minni Mouse.  This year........LITTLEST PET SHOP!

 FYI, no one is selling littlest pet shop decorations in stores.  You have to order it all online.  But that is difficult to do when you don't know that they want LPS until 4 days before the birthday.  So, I had to get creative.  Luckily Albertsons had a GIANT LPS Kitty balloon.  So I decorated around that balloon.  Pink and purple were the colors of choice.  Good thing that kitty balloon is pink!  
Joshlyn is a genius with puffy paint and turned a plain white T-shirt into a littlest pet shop lovers fashion dream. 

The cake is ALWAYS my favorite part of planning the party.  I love to bake cakes.  It takes my first three loves:

1) SUGAR!
2) Baking
3) Creating

Cakes hit all three of those wonderful things.  This one was the first cake I have done using fondant.  Now I only used it for the paw shapes, but now that I tried it, I may try something more difficult next time.  

Anyway, here is the finished product.  














No comments:

Post a Comment