Thursday, March 31, 2011

Graduating From a Public High School IS NOT FREE!!!

Let me start off first by saying how proud and excited I am that Joshlyn is graduating.  


With that said, HOLY CRAP IT's EXPENSIVE!!!  I was not prepared for this.  No one told me that I had to pay for this and that and that and this at the end of the school year.  I mean, I knew that it was expensive to register and enroll a student, but more if they are seniors. 

Grad Night - $140.00

Senior Trip - $77.00

Senior BBQ - $12.00

No cameras at graduation so Grad picture - $12.00

Prom - $60.00

Cap and Gown - $50.00

Adding the senior picture to the Yearbook (no, it is not free) - $32.00

I feel like I need to take out a small loan just so my senior can be a part of the senior festivities. 

I know that they do not need to go, but what parent wants to say, "hey, we can't afford this, so you might need to miss it"?

Anyway, guess I will figure something out.

STUPID PUBLIC SCHOOLS!!


1 comment: