Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Distractions don't help....


I began my first DIY project yesterday. Yay me! I am creating wall art for my bedroom wall. Since we are renting and charges to repaint the apartment when we move out are insanely high, I am adding color a different way. Wall art, with loads of color! The first step was going to Lows and buying particle board. Then I had to stand and wait to have the board cut into 8 pieces measuring 11 X 11. This would normally be easy to do, but I wanted a challenge so I took all 4 of my little girls with me. I think Jacquelynn managed to touch everything in the store, even the things way up high. How the heck did she do that, I have no idea! Anyway, when we got to the cutting part of our trip, the girls were totally enthralled with the sawing action. That kept their attention long enough for me to get the cutting part done. So I had my board all cut up and my spray paint and we went home. I purchased the board on a Saturday, but I had to let it sit in the garage until Tuesday because of all of the things a family of 7 has to do. It gets busy over here. Tuesday morning when Eddie left for work, my girls were occupied with a movie and Sutton was sleeping, I went into the garage and begin the spray painting process of the project. I used chocolate brown on my project because that is one of the accent colors of our room. I sprayed the edges and sides of the board with just 2 coats. then let it dry. I had intended to go back and do another step in the project, but alas.....my kids would not let me. LOL. So I am hoping that today I will be able to do step 3 in my DIY project.

No comments:

Post a Comment